If you observe that your Start Menu is very slow and it takes time while going through different menus inside it, then this registry edit will help you to boost to your start menu which you will surely enjoy using it
Follows these steps to make your Start Menu Super Fast
1. Click Start Menu -> Run and type “regedit” or for Win 7 users, Start Menu and in the search field type “regedit” and press enter
2. Click File on the menu bar, click Export and then save the file with a name (This step is necessary in order to take a backup of your Registry File before doing anything)
3. Now follow this Hierarchy - HKEY_CURRENT_USER –> Control Panel –> Desktop
4. Find and double click “MenuShowDelay” from the right column.
5. Now decrease the value to only 100 or 150 (it’s the perfect speed setting to make your menus load faster. The lower the number, the faster the response time. It’s not recommended to use 0 as it will be difficult to navigate through at that speed)
6. Click OK and close the registry window.
7. Restart your PC.
You can alter these settings again any time incase you feels your start menu is too fast or slow.